November 24, 2021, two civilians were among four people killed by Israeli strikes on Wednesday that targeted a part of Syria where fighters loyal to Lebanon’s Hezbollah are based, a monitor said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based group that relies on sources on the ground, said the Israeli missiles struck an area near three villages in the west of Homs province. The raid killed four people, including two civilians, said the war monitor, although it was unable to determine whether the other two deaths were civilians or soldiers. The official Syrian news agency SANA, citing a military official, said two civilians had been killed and seven people wounded in the strikes that were conducted at dawn.
“The (Israeli) aggression resulted in the death of two civilians and injured six soldiers and one civilian,”
the military official was quoted as saying. The strikes targeted positions in the central part of the country, it said, without giving further details on the location.
Israeli airstrikes on Syria happen intermittently, but there has been a particularly high number of strikes this November. Syria reported Israeli airstrikes on Nov 3, Nov 8, Nov 17 and Nov 24. Two Syrian soldiers were injured in the Nov. 8 incident. Israel is particularly concerned about Iran’s support for proxy groups like Hezbollah that fight Israel. Most of its attacks on Iranian proxy forces and Hezbollah fighters.
The Bible speaks of Syria being drawn into a conflict with Israel which sees the complete destruction of Damascus. It also says at the same time that northern Israel is wasted. When the initial inner ring war begins this could lead to Isaiah 17 being fulfilled.
Israel will fight this initial war with their immediate surrounding neighbours. These include Hamas, Hezbollah, Syria and Jordan – home to 2 million Palestinian refugees.
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. The cities of Aroer [Aroer is in Jordan] are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid. The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim [Northern Israel], and the kingdom from Damascus, (Isaiah 17:1-3)
Find our Weekly World Watch
- Syrian capital facing total destruction in the coming months
- Continues Syrian conflict needing not only dialogue
- Did the White House Help Plan the Syrian Chemical Attack
- NATO Convinced that the Syrian regime is responsible
- Israel ready for war
- The Epoch of Human Shame: An Interview with Samar Yazbek
- Dancing in Damascus
- Defense officials reveal: Israel has hit some Iranian weapons in Syria Israel has hit 75 percent of Iran’s weapons in Syria, senior security officials said in closed-door
- Hoover Institution: The Biden Administration’s Syria Policy – A Forecast For War
- Following bombing of Syria, Israel PM: ‘We are fighting off forces of evil’
- Israel Military Action
- US does not support normalisation of relations with Syria
- (Damascus): A bomb attack on an army bus has killed at least 14-people Wednesday in the bloodiest such attack to strike the Syrian capital in four years, the SANA state news agency reported #AceNewsDesk report
- Damascus bomb kills 14
- Attacks in Damascus Take Away 24 Lives
- Syrian air defences intercept Israeli missiles aimed at Damascus
- 10/31/21 Antiwar: Israeli Missile Strike Kills Five in Damascus Suburbs
- 11/02/21 Antiwar: Israel Strikes Damascus Outskirts in Overnight Attack
- Tourism is returning to Syria which is great news for the people and the world
- Syria – the emerging narcopolis
- “Is This The End of Damascus?!” by Tom Hughes and Bill Salus (15 Nov 2021)
- US slaps new sanctions on Iran, Syria, Uganda
Pingback: The forgotten Syria – Some View on the World