When we look back at the infant church in Jerusalem, their reputation was not only for breaking bread, and the Apostles’ doctrine, but for prayer. They were a community that prayed often.
They prayed individually. They prayed in meetings together. They prayed in the Temple. They saw prayer as a way to serve others, like Epaphras later did in Colossi.
Throughout time, many people have resorted to prayer to get out of certain situations or to pray for others to end their suffering.
Those who belong to a church community naturally think of their fellow believers in the areas concerned. So, too, these days we think of our brothers and sisters. We sympathise with them and hope that they can be strong enough to resist temptations that would lead them to do wrong things.
So, what can we do?
Start with specific, earnest prayer to our Heavenly Father.
While the rest of the world is scratching their heads and running their best analysis, we are petitioning the God who
“measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out the heaven with a span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance.” (Isa 40:12).
That sounds to us like a pretty good place to start
Please continue reading:
- Prayer for 2022 March 06: Asking for Strength by the Russian-Ukrainian war
- Worldwide Call to Prayer for Brethren in Ukraine and Russia
- Ukraine – What we know & What can we do
- After the prayer sessions for our brothers in Ukraine and Russia
- Russian take-over of Crimea
- Swallowing up Crimea, who is next
- Christadelphian brothers and sisters in Ukraine
- Entering a new period of ‘Cold War’
- Looking at a “Man from the North” endangering the world
- The biggest ground offensive in Europe since World War II
- Putin’s Moves Toward War in Ukraine Show How Dangerous He Has Become
- Russia-Ukraine war: Putin lays waste to cities
- Some out of date from our Ukrainian brethren
- Our Ukrainian brothers and sisters who got over the border
- Surrounded by war crimes performing Russians
- Signs of the Times – “Distress of nations …”
- Today’s thought “Fear-of-God, also in times of war, is a school in skilled living” (April 05)
- Signs of the Times – Tensions between Russia and Israel
- Moscow lists demands for defusing Ukraine tensions
- How the war in Ukraine will lead to the fulfilment of many Bible prophecies
- Ukraine war is veering fast towards a big power conflict
- Restrictions in Russia because of sanctions from the West for peace mission in Ukraine.
- Russia seeks to capture all of southern Ukraine in major expansion of war goals
- Our Ukrainian brothers and sisters
- Food crisis looms as landmines litter Ukraine farmer’s fields
- Ukraine update 21 April 2022
- Ukraine 2022 update end of April
- Thank you to those of you that have provided items for the children of Ukraine and other sufferers
- Praying For The Victims Of Ukraine
- Overcoming The Terror Of War
- Is Putin the Antichrist?
- A Protection Ritual For Violent Times
- Prayers for Ukraine
- Thoughts and prayers for Ukraine
- Tuesday Tidbits #168 Peace for Ukraine
- Prayer for Ukraine!
- Prayers of Love: for Suffering and Safety
- Watch “A Prayer for Ukraine & All who Suffer. Psalm 35. A Powerful Psalm! Angelical Magick for Humanity.” on YouTube
- In The Land of Sunflowers
- Shells in the Shade
- 62.8 trillion decimals of support for Ukraine
- When My Soul Can’t Rest
- Poetry for Ukraine ~ a Haiku
- April Showers
- Vibrant Ukrainian inspired original Art up!
- “Prayers for Ukraine” 5/06/2022 Written by Kathy Boecher for “atimetoshare”
- Because We Know How To Pray, We Wear The Armor