The US will send an additional $800 million in military aid to Ukraine after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky pleaded for Washington’s further help in staving off the Russian invasion in an address to a joint session of Congress. The latest installment came days after US President Joe Biden transferred another $200 million in weapons to Kyiv. He has sent a total of $2 billion in arms since taking office. The newest batch includes 800 Stinger anti-aircraft systems, thousands of anti-tank weapons including 2,000 of the now-famously deadly Javelins, 100 “tactical” drones, 20 million rounds of small arms ammunition, and 25,000 sets of helmets and body armor. Ukraine has already been given hundreds of Stingers, which can shoot down relatively low flying aircraft. But Biden said that
“at the request of President Zelensky, we have identified and are helping Ukraine acquire additional longer-range anti-aircraft systems.”
Biden’s announcement this week to send $800 million in military aid to Ukraine means the US has now committed £1billion in military assistance. Biden promised to send even more arms and impose more sanctions to cripple the Russian economy and isolate Moscow from the world.
Zelenskyy reiterated his request for a no-fly zone over Ukraine, which has been rejected by American and NATO leaders because it could lead to direct conflict between nuclear-armed countries in the West and Russia. And so we have a picture of Daniel 11:40 before us. America pushing at Putin – both verbally and militarily. And the push could clearly get more intense as days go by. But on the other hand the US / UK are scared of what Putin could do if they directly engage him in battle. This speaks to us of Ezekiel 38:13 when US/UK ask Putin/Gog, why he is invading Israel. This sounds like a position of weakness – which they are showing now.
And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him [Gog]: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. (Daniel 11:40)
Find this week’s: Weekly World Watch
- No-fly zone needed over Ukraine to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe
- Two presidents warning the West of what might come
- Selection from The Week: 2022 3rd week of March
- Ukraine from 2022 March 16-20
- Cool hand Vlad or Crazy Ivan?
- Russian army wants to make Ukraine the Syria from Europe
- Despicable actions that endanger entire regions and historical monuments in addition to citizens
- Full speech of President Vladimir Putin delivered on 18.03. 2022 in the Great Sports Arena of the Olympic Complex Luzhniki
- American propaganda or truth about possible use of chemical weapons by Putin