Kazakhstan took ruthless steps to quell a week-long uprising at the beginning of January with Russia also muscling in on the conflict by deploying special forces, hundreds of paratroopers and even tanks to the central Asian state.
President Tokayev announced a policy of “shoot to kill without warning”, claiming that “terrorists” were using weapons against civilians and damaging property after undergoing “serious training abroad”. Their attack on Kazakhstan
“could and should be seen as an act of aggression”,
he said. He did not provide evidence to back up his claim. Sporadic firing could still be heard last night in Almaty, the largest city, as Kazakh security forces sought to end the disorder that began as nationwide protests over fuel prices and inequality but soon turned violent. Tokayev, 68, who appealed to President Putin for help on Wednesday, said on the 5th of January that order had been “mainly restored” but that a
“counterterrorist operation will continue”.
Kazakhstan was once part of the USSR. It is south of Russia and is the world’s 9th largest country by land mass. It has remained close to Russia unlike some of the breakaway republics. Historically the Scythians inhabited the land. This is interesting because Scythia is identified by the ancient historian Josephus as being part of Magog. We are told that Gog is “of the land of Magog.” The area of Scythia covered southern Russia, eastern Ukraine and much of Kazakhstan.
Putin is massing troops ready to enter eastern Ukraine – and then out of the blue this week Putin sends tanks and paratroopers into Kazakhstan to help the government to quash the uprising there. This uprising only started a few days ago and analysts have been taken aback at how quickly Russia has sent forces and equipment into the country. Gog is on the move…
Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD. And I will send a fire on Magog,
NB God’s punishment is on Magog… (Ezekiel 39:4-6)
Find this week’s: Weekly World Watch
- From a land 90 times Belgium: Kazakhstan #1 Early history
- From a land 90 times Belgium: Kazakhstan #2 Natural wealth attractive to Russia as well as Europe
- From a land 90 times Belgium: Kazakhstan #3 Kazakhstan in the grip of a dictator
- Kazakhstan – From 1868 to 2019 and the Protest of 2022
- Kazakhstan: an eyewitness to the uprising in Almaty
- Almaty ablaze
- From a communist country to a capitalist dictatorship
- Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Russian troop movements
- Sukkoth, Gog, Magog, Armageddon, a covenant and Jerusalem
- Prepare for Russian invasion of Ukraine, US warns European allies
- The world on the very brink of conflict
- 200 nab in nationwide protests in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan: strikes and riots rock the regime
- A Color Revolution or a Working-Class Uprising? An Interview with Aynur Kurmanov on the Protests in Kazakhstan (LeftEast – Zanovo-media)
- A Half-Hearted Charade
- Russia Declared Victory Defending Kazakhstan From Protestors
- 01/10/22 Antiwar: Kazakhstan Says Attempted Coup Foiled, Putin Says Presence is Temporary
- At least 164 people were killed and 6,000 arrested in the continuous unrest in Kazakhstan | Kazakhstan | unrest | state of emergency
- Russia-led troops guard Kazakhstan, withdrawal announced
- The Maidan Coup in Kazakhstan Fails
- Kazakhstan’s Protests Aren’t a Color Revolution
- Russian forces allegedly seized US Bioweapons labs in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan Secretary of State: there is a conspiracy of internal and external forces behind the riots
- Kazakh explosion: a multi-layered Hybrid war
- Protests in Kazakhstan!
- Russia wins by capping intense power struggle in Kazakhstan
- Why Russia took strong objection to Indian media?
- Tokayev began to cancel the state of emergency in Kazakhstan – Rossiyskaya Gazeta