This month, in many countries Father’s Day is celebrated. People want to honour their worldly father, but for us, it also could be a moment to think especially about our heavenly Father, Jehovah.
We have the son of the heavenly Father who bought us with a price.
“ for ye were bought with a price: glorify God therefore in your body.” (1Co 6:20 ASV)
By means of the ransom, Jehovah made it possible for us to have a warm relationship with Him. We have the honour of addressing the greatest Person in the universe as Father. We can look up at Him and know He is the ideal Father Whom we always can trust.
Like one Bible writer, we might ask:
“With what will I repay Jehovah for all the good he has done for me?” (Ps. 116:12)
The answer is that we can never repay our heavenly Father.
Still, we feel moved to love him
Nederlandse versie / Dutch version: Een Vader Die ons heeft uitgenodigd om zich bij Zijn familie aan te sluiten
Read also: A disrespected Father
- June is My Tribute to Great Fathers and Awesome Husbands
- 10 Quotes About Fatherhood
- What do you love most about your dad?
- Father’s Day
- People may have become estranged from their father, or their father might already be dead, though nobody can say he has no father. Every human being has his or her worldly father, but there is also a heavenly Father Who is there for all. – .Celebrating Father’s Day When You Don’t Have A Father
- God’s love for us is beyond imagination