A man who obtained a field with the reward of his iniquity
“And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.” (Mt 27:5 AV)
“Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.” (Ac 1:18 AV)
” he went and hanged himself “;
and the latter says that,
” falling headlong, he burst as under in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out “.
We are not informed how long elapsed before the body was discovered; but, anyone except a willing unbeliever would conclude that it was long enough to allow of sufficient corruption for the self-hanged man to drop with the result stated in Acts.
- J is for Jesus Christ, Joseph of Arimathea and Judas Iscariot
- The Last Supper and Jesus is Arrested
- Judas Iscariot: Apostle to the Reprobate
- The Betrayal of Judas
- Judas Betrays Jesus
- The Betrayer
- A Traitorous Kiss: Devotion for Wednesday in Holy Week April 8, 2020
- The Fate of Judas
- Judas, Betrayal, and the Despair of Love
- 7 More Good Lessons from 7 More Bad Bible Characters (Pt. 2: Judas)
- The Greed of Judas and the Prodigality of Mary
- Day 111: A question of values
- Judas Iscariot was a traitor.
- Matthew 26: Judas Iscariot
- John 17 – 18: The Son of Perdition Identified?!
- Overcoming the Temptation to Betray Jesus
- The Irrelevant Repentance of Judas
- Doomed for Destruction
- Who Replaced Judas Iscariot