In our last posting in this series on “Reason to preach”, you could read how God has provided a very good tool for us to go out in the world and to help form others, as well as ourselves, by that profitable Book for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.
Today you may find here the last part of the 1st section of the Bible Class of May the 27th. (The second part was about how we as Christadelphians can do our preaching work and how Marcus Ampe with the Belgian Christadelphians preaches on the net.)
Reason for Proclaiming or Testifying
Trained to do it God’s way
When following the Bible, we shall be trained to do it God’s Way, being put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us. We should co-operate for the good, being so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God, is worked into something good.
In case we shall not go out preaching, how is anyone going to tell the people about what is going to come? We must be aware that unless someone is sent to do it, telling the Good News, not many shall be aware of the seriousness of things. That’s why Scripture exclaims,
“A sight to take your breath away! Grand processions of people telling all the good things of God!”
“ And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.” (Ro 8:28 ASV)
“ and how shall they preach, except they be sent? even as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that bring glad tidings of good things!” (Ro 10:15 ASV)
Let us therefore, not be ashamed and dare to speak about the things we believe in, even when we are laughed at and mocked.
“ but if a man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God in this name.” (1Pe 4:16 ASV)
When going around, telling the Good News, it shall not always be accepted nor appreciated. Perhaps it shall take years before our drops or teasers of Good News get to the stomach of the hearers, we should be happy that we can be workers for God. By doing the work that Jesus asked his followers to do, we shall be receiving satisfaction by the knowledge that God knows our heart and is aware of our intention of trying to bring the knowledge of salvation to as many as we can.
“ But Jehovah said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have rejected him: for Jehovah seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but Jehovah looketh on the heart.” (1Sa 16:7 ASV)
“ And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind; for Jehovah searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.” (1Ch 28:9 ASV)
“ I, Jehovah, search the mind, I try the heart, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.” (Jer 17:10 ASV)
“5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and charged them, saying, Go not into any way of the Gentiles, and enter not into any city of the Samaritans: 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Mt 10:5-7 ASV)
“24 A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his lord. 25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his teacher, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more them of his household! 26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. 27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak ye in the light; and what ye hear in the ear, proclaim upon the house-tops. 28 And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Mt 10:24-28 ASV)
“ Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:” (Mt 28:19 ASV)
“ But ye shall receive power, when the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” (Ac 1:8 ASV)
“39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the country of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom also they slew, hanging him on a tree. 40 Him God raised up the third day, and gave him to be made manifest, 41 not to all the people, but unto witnesses that were chosen before of God, even to us, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he charged us to preach unto the people, and to testify that this is he who is ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him bear all the prophets witness, that through his name every one that believeth on him shall receive remission of sins.” (Ac 10:39-43 ASV)
“ How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace, that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation, that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!” (Isa 52:7 ASV)
“ if so be that ye continue in the faith, grounded and stedfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel which ye heard, which was preached in all creation under heaven; whereof I Paul was made a minister.” (Col 1:23 ASV)
“ And the gospel must first be preached unto all the nations.” (Mr 13:10 ASV)
“ But I say, Did they not hear? Yea, verily, Their sound went out into all the earth, And their words unto the ends of the world.” (Ro 10:18 ASV)
“ And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, having eternal good tidings to proclaim unto them that dwell on the earth, and unto every nation and tribe and tongue and people;” (Re 14:6 ASV)
When we live by God’s Word and feel that we may belong to those that belong to God we must be confident enough to go out for witnessing, trusting that we may be efficient and equipped for good work of every kind. The Jerusalem Bible says:
“This is how the man who is dedicated to God becomes fully equipped and ready for any good work.”
This indicates that “the man or woman of God” needs to make a regular study of the inspired Scriptures and to live according to them, carrying out the work that he is equipped by such study to do efficiently. And that work is following the order given by Jesus, to go out into the world, to tell about the Good News. Even when for those who shall be living closer to the end times it shall mean giving the final worldwide witness to the Messianic kingdom.
Depending on what you want to believe, you shall have to act. When you believe we are living in the most serious of times in all human history, than you should be aware of the necessity of the call of Jesus and the call of the Most High!
As lovers of God we should know that we also have to choose, either to belong to this world or to the world of God. That world does not like it so much when we go around telling about God, Jesus and their Kingdom, but we should not be ashamed nor afraid to speak.
“ If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.” (Joh 15:19 ASV)
“ They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.” (Joh 17:16 ASV)
“ Ye adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore would be a friend of the world maketh himself an enemy of God.” (Jas 4:4 ASV)
Facing our present times we are not bad to remember the times of Noah’s day, when he too called people to be aware for the Most High Elohim and of what would be coming. Like in his days, today also a lot of people would think we are mad or just fools. We should let them in their way of thinking and not continue to worry if they do not want to hear. Even when not many would be interested in what we have to tell, we should continue to spread the message. If it may encourage us, we should remember, that we can continue the work that Jesus his apostles started doing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. That Power we also can ask to feed us and inspire us, to continue our ways in the manner God wants us to go. Consequently, we should be pleased that we might be engaged in the work of the greatest grandeur and importance to mankind down till now. It certainly is no time for any dedicated, baptized brother or sister in Christ to cater to sensual, diversionary desires of youth. As Paul wrote to the youthful Timothy:
“ But flee youthful lusts, and follow after righteousness, faith, love, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” (2Ti 2:22 ASV)
“ But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.” (1Ti 6:11 ASV)
Let us therefore flee from the desires incidental to youth and as fully grown in faith of the Biblical Truth, spread the Biblical Truth, wherever and whenever we can. That may be around the house, speaking to our neighbours, but also at work or when going to work or shopping, on holiday or in the park, or on our way back home.
Today, more so than when the inspired apostle John wrote the words,
“ And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.” (1Jo 2:17 ASV)
Christianity has had its first roots in the preaching of Jesus and the “coming down of the Holy Spirit” from heaven in Jerusalem. The proclamation of the Gospel by the apostles was the beginning of the Christian Church.
The followers (disciples) considered Jesus to be the “anointed one” of God (in Greek: Christ) and formed the first communion. Initially, outsiders viewed the early Christians as a new Jewish sect, but it soon began to distinguish itself from traditional Judaism.
Traditionally, the growth of Christianity has been attributed to the fact that Christians delivered a message of salvation, that addressed the social underpower (slaves, poor, unwanted children, prostitutes, disabled people, etc.).
The Christian church was also pre-eminently an institution that actually cared about the less fortunate.
Today, there have come many institutions, of which there are many which have gone far away from the Biblical Truth. It is up to those who kept following the Word of God, as it is presented in the Bible, to show others where things went wrong and how Jesus is the way to God and not certain institutions which might offer very nice traditions and rites.
- God spoke to our forefathers and speaks to us
- Signs of the last days when difficult times will come
- Separation of local judgment regarding 70 CE from the global ultimate-coming prophecies of the Second Coming and Final Judgment
- Only once and with consequences
- Atonement And Fellowship 4/8
- Discipleship to look at
- Christians having the right heart to call others to go to God
- Using the name Jehovah but not a witness of that name
- Preparing for the Kingdom
- From Bibles and other religious writings and those who witness for Jehovah
- Necessary to be known all over the earth
- Taking as many opportunities as possible to proclaim the Good News
- Frank risks taking
- Our openness to being approachable
- Today’s thought “When approaching the battle against your enemies today” (May 03)
- Invest in Faith with us
- Jehovah can make him stand
- Being in isolation #7 Mission work
- Being in isolation #8 Those isolating themselves and those being isolated by others
- The work I do, let it be done good
- How To Get Started In Sharing Your Faith As a Christian
- From those preaching the Gospel and Baptism in Jesus name
- Beautiful feet of those who announce the good news
- Witnessing because we love
- Oratory Style
- Witnesses of Christ and of his gospel
- Summer holiday time to knock and ask, and time to share
- Beautiful feet of those who announce the good news
- Making proclamation as a herald
- When a day of darkness and of gloominess shall come
- Preaching Christ not done to isolate him in the minds of their listeners
- From house to house #1: Not ceasing to Preach daily in the temple and in every house
- From house to house #2: Continuing to bring the good news right to the world
- Different approach in organisation of services #3
- 2020 World Time to pause
- Looking on what is going on and not being of it
- The Big Conversation
- The Big Conversation follow up
- Answers to Your Questions…
- Jesus starts off by teaching, preaching, and healing in Galilee. From after Matthew 4:23-25 commented by ASV and questions
- Why ‘Just Preach the Gospel’ Doesn’t Cut It
- Reasons to Preach Through 1 Thessalonians
- 5 Reasons You Should Preach through 2 Thessalonians
- Preaching And Love Languages
- Preaching: The Spirit Will Speak
- Obligated to Share the Gospel
- Does God want me to give up everything and preach the Gospel?
- 7 Quick Ways To Improve Your Preaching
- Expository preaching, what it is and what is is not (or should not be)…
- Share Scars Not Wounds
- To remove the whitewash of the Jehovah Witnesses as being the only true Bible Students and Bible Researchers
- The Field is the World #4 Many who leave the church
- Soviet Witnesses
- Why not going to Shunem or Hyderabad for helping many in need
- Helping websites to prepare for the last days
- What Is The Boldness In Christ Required To Preach The Gospel?
- Your Culture and Your Preaching – Part 2
- What to Avoid in Preaching
- Prophetic Preaching
- 3 Likely Outcomes of Bible-Lite Preaching
- Bicycle Witnessing
- Yes, I’m Still Preaching
- Two correct ways (and one wrong way) to respond to preaching – Acts 13, Part 4
- Against preaching
- Christicans (or, An Epistle to American Christians)
- The Sower Reconsidered
- Submit Yourself to God
- Following Jesus Requires Obedience
- Getting Things Done For Christ
- What it Means to Me to Be One of Jehovah’s Witnesses
- The Things That Count